Information for International Presenters
ICH 2016 extends a warm welcome to our presenters from overseas. We look forward to sharing our culture and our history as well as our knowledge with you during your brief stay in our country as our guests.
Some important information:
- You should have received a scanned copy of your letter of invitation by now. If you have not, please let us know immediately by emailing us on
- You will be picked up from the airport and dropped at the airport at the end of your stay. Please let us know your travel arrangements (flight times) as soon as they are finalised. Our representative will meet you at the airport.
- The conference will be held on the 6th and 7th of October 2016. Please make sure your accommodation arrangements cover this period. If you are staying on for the post-conference trip, you will also have to make arrangements to stay on an additional day.
- The official hotel for the conference is Hotel Royal Grand Paradise (http://www.hotelroyalgrandparadise.com/). This hotel has offered us a very competitive rate of Rs. 4500 per night (approximately US$ 30). This rate includes a comfortable single bedroom and breakfast. Please contact the hotel directly for your reservations but make sure you mention in your communications that you are a guest of the University of Kelaniya and are coming for the ICH conference.
- The conference will be held at the University of Kelaniya. You will be provided transport to the University and back to the hotel on both days of the conference.
- We have organised a post-conference trip to Sigiriya on the 8th of October. Sigirya is a historic rock fortress located in the Central Province of Sri Lanka (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sigiriya). We will provide you with transport, lunch and entry tickets. However please note that you will have to extend your stay in the hotel if you wish to participate in the trip. Please let us know early if you are interested in joining us on the trip.
- We have also organised a Cultural Show at the end of the first day's sessions. This will be followed by dinner. You are warmly welcome to attend both events.
- More details regarding registration and payment will be posted on this page in the days to come. Please make sure that you visit this page regularly.
We look forward to meeting you in person at ICH 2016! Please don't hesitate to get in touch with us if you have any questions.